Looking to easily fix your dull skin?
If you want to start a new chapter in your skin health journey, this is the perfect place to start. Here is what you need to know about this procedure.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a device with tiny, shallow needles that create hundreds of invisible and controlled puncture wounds on the top layer of the skin. If it sounds painful and aggressive – it is not because you will be numbed before the procedure starts!
These micro-wounds trigger the body to produce new collagen, elastin, and capillaries, plumping the skin and breaking up scar tissue. Which will then target fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, sagging skin and scarring.
The more procedures you get done, the more improvement you’ll see in your skin texture, firmness, and the level of hydration in your skin.
What can I expect during treatment?
If you give us an hour of your time, we can make magic happen with this Microneedling tool.
- Step 1: One of our skin providers will prep your skin by cleansing and numbing your face.
- Step 2: They will then apply a serum to make sure the skin is hydrated and protected.
- Step 3: Then the microneedling will begin!
- Step 4: The provider will protect your skin with post-procedure cream and an SPF.
How does it feel?
The best part about this procedure, is that you are completely numb from Step 1. This makes it easier for our providers to go deeper into the skin without you feeling the needles that are working their magic.
Your skin will turn red and may even bleed a bit, which is completely normal. You’ve got to remember that this procedure is creating those controlled puncture wounds on the top layer of the skin. Without it doing that, then your skin wouldn’t be able to produce bring up all that new and fresh collagen.
What will my recovery be like?
- The day of treatment: Once you are done with treatment, your skin will most likely be red for the remainder of the day. Anytime your skin is healing like this, you’ll want to avoid heat and sweat on your face. Meaning, no exercise, hot tubs, and saunas for 24 hours.
- 24 hours after treatment: Your skin may feel a little tight! However, the redness will have faded. One of the things you want to understand is that the mico-wounds heal very quickly. It’s like how a paper cut heals within a day or two. Feel free to apply makeup 24 hours after your treatment.
- 48 hours after treatment: You may experience dryness, scaling, redness and swelling 2 days after treatment, but that is completely normal and should go away within the next few days. If your skin is peeling, use a mild exfoliant to remove the dead skin from your face.
After every procedure, make sure to keep skin hydrated and to always wear SPF. Your skin is especially attracted to the sun after a procedure like this, so make sure to protect it! Also be sure to avoid retinols and brightening ingredients while your skin continues to heal.
When will I see the results?
Get ready to watch your skin turn from dull to glowing, from dull to smooth, and from dry to hydrating.
If your skin is especially stubborn, it may take multiple treatments to get your skin to where it needs to be – but that is something that one of our providers will plan with you.
What is PRP and how do people use this with Microneedling?
If you haven’t heard about PRP yet, then you are about to get really excited about what this “liquid gold” can do to your skin.
Platelet-rich plasma, also known as PRP, is a great addition to microneedling treatments because it makes your skin transform in ways by the help of your own skin.
PRP is taken from your very own blood. People often think it’s red because it’s coming from your blood, but we separate the blood and the PRP comes to life as a golden color, which is why we call it “liquid gold”. We call it this because of its extraordinary rejuvenating properties in healing the skin faster and repairing it quicker.
How does PRP work?
Step 1: We draw your blood in the office and then separate it in a centrifuge. It takes a few minutes to get it completely separated.
Step 2: The PRP is then applied to your face after the numbing cream and can also be injected beneath the skin’s surface to stimulate new collagen production and to promote healing. If you have deeper lines and creases in your face, then this is the perfect combination for you.
All of our providers think this is a great procedure if you’re interested in starting your skin health journey. Give us a call today to get scheduled! 615-663-0072